§__.12(t) – 4
Q: What are examples of qualified investments?
A4. Examples of qualified investments include, but are not limited to, investments, grants, deposits, or shares in or to:
- Financial intermediaries (including CDFIs, New Markets Tax Credit-eligible Community Development Entities, CDCs, minority- and women-owned financial institutions, community loan funds, and low-income or community development credit unions) that primarily lend or facilitate lending in low- and moderate-income areas or to low- and moderate-income individuals in order to promote community development, such as a CDFI that promotes economic development on an Indian reservation;
- Organizations engaged in affordable housing rehabilitation and construction, including multifamily rental housing;
- Organizations, including, for example, SBICs, specialized SBICs, and Rural Business Investment Companies (RBIC) that promote economic development by financing small businesses;
- Community development venture capital companies that promote economic development by financing small businesses;
- Facilities that promote community development by providing community services for low- and moderate-income individuals, such as youth programs, homeless centers, soup kitchens, health care facilities, battered women’s centers, and alcohol and drug recovery centers;
- Projects eligible for low-income housing tax credits;
- State and municipal obligations, such as revenue bonds, that specifically support affordable housing or other community development;
- Not-for-profit organizations serving low- and moderate-income housing or other community development needs, such as counseling for credit, home-ownership, home maintenance, and other financial literacy programs; and
- Organizations supporting activities essential to the capacity of low- and moderate- income individuals or geographies to utilize credit or to sustain economic development, such as, for example, day care operations and job training programs or workforce development programs that enable low- or moderate-income individuals to
See also Q&As §__.12(g)(4)(ii) – 2; §__.12(g)(4)(iii) – 3; §__.12(g)(4)(iii) – 4.
Source: Interagency Questions & Answers Regarding Community Reinvestment | July 2016