§__.41(e)(3) – 1
Q: How will examiners determine whether an institution has arbitrarily excluded low- or moderate-income geographies?
A1. Examiners will make this determination on a case-by-case basis after considering the facts relevant to the institution’s assessment area delineation. Information that examiners will consider may include
- income levels in the institution’s assessment area(s) and surrounding geographies;
- locations of branches and deposit-taking ATMs;
- loan distribution in the institution’s assessment area(s) and surrounding geographies;
- the institution’s size;
- the institution’s financial condition; and
- the business strategy, corporate structure, and product offerings of the institution.
Source: Interagency Questions & Answers Regarding Community Reinvestment | July 2016