The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) will extend the upcoming application deadlines for the fiscal year (FY) 2020 funding round of the Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI Program) and Native American CDFI Assistance Program (NACA Program). The CDFI Fund is releasing the updated deadlines in anticipation of the publication of an Amended Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) in the Federal Register on April 13, 2020.
The new deadlines are:
- April 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET: the last day to contact CDFI Program and NACA Program staff with questions about the application (previously April 17, 2020)
- April 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET: the last day to contact the CDFI Fund’s IT Help Desk with any technical problems with the Awards Management Information System (AMIS) (previously April 21, 2020)
- April 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET: the last day to submit a complete FY 2020 CDFI Program or NACA Program Financial Assistance or Technical Assistance Application through AMIS (previously April 21, 2020)
The CDFI Fund is providing this short-term extension to allow organizations additional time to prepare their applications amidst the immediate impacts of COVID-19 on their normal business operations. All other deadlines and requirements in the FY 2020 CDFI Program and NACA Program NOFAs as previously published on February 21, 2020, remain in effect and unchanged. The deadline to submit the SF-424 via Grants.gov to request assistance through the FY 2020 application round was March 23, 2020.
The CDFI Fund continues to encourage all FY 2020 applicants to submit their AMIS applications as soon as possible to ensure a successful application submission.
Updated Guidance Materials
All of the guidance and application materials for the FY 2020 application round are available on the CDFI Fund’s at www.cdfifund.gov/cdfi and www.cdfifund.gov/native under How to Apply Step 2: Apply. The following materials have been added or updated on the CDFI Fund’s website recently:
- FY 2020 CDFI Program Amended Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) – Added April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 NACA Program Amended Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) – Added April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 CDFI & NACA Program Application Overview – Updated April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 CDFI & NACA Program Financial Assistance (FA) Application Guidance – Updated April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 CDFI & NACA Program Technical Assistance (TA) Application Guidance – Updated April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 CDFI & NACA Program DF-FA Application Guidance – Updated April 8, 2020
- FY 2020 CDFI & NACA Program HFFI-FA Application Guidance – Updated April 8, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions – Updated April 8, 2020
If you have a question about the application process, you can contact the CDFI Fund’s Help Desk by submitting a Service Request through your AMIS account; by e-mail to email@example.com; or by phone to (202) 653-0421 (please note this is not a toll free number).
The CDFI Fund will be answering questions about the FY 2020 application until 5:00 p.m. ET on April 28, 2020. After that time, application questions received via Help Desk calls, Help Desk e-mails, and Service Requests will not be answered. Technical support for AMIS will not be available after 5:00 p.m. ET on April 30, 2020.
To learn more about the CDFI Fund and its programs, please visit www.cdfifund.gov.