The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) has provided an updated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for the CDFI Certification Blackout Period on its website. It supersedes the FAQ page published July 2022 by adding, revising, or updating select questions from the earlier edition. Updates include:
- When did the CDFI Fund stop accepting new CDFI Certification Application and Target Market modifications? When will the blackout period end;
- Why did the CDFI Fund pause acceptance of new CDFI Certification Applications and Target Market modifications;
- When will currently Certified CDFIs need to comply with the revised CDFI Certification Application criteria and reporting requirements;
- After the blackout period ends, will organizations be required to apply using the new CDFI Certification Application; and
- If my organization currently has a pending CDFI Certification Application or Target Market Modification Application, when should I expect a determination?
The updated FAQs may found on the CDFI Fund Certification Blackout Period Frequently Asked Questions page. Any questions regarding compliance related to existing CDFI Certification should be directed to the Certification, Compliance Monitoring and Evaluation Help Desk via an AMIS Service Request, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at (202) 653-0423.
For further information on the CDFI Certification Application & Data Collection Reporting Revisions, please visit the CDFI Fund’s website.