July 21st virtual meeting to address issues important to minority banks
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) today announced the agency’s Minority Depository Institutions (MDI) Subcommittee to the Advisory Committee on Community Banking will hold an open meeting at 1 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
During the public portion of the meeting, subcommittee members will share insights into key challenges and opportunities facing their communities and financial institutions, including the work to connect unbanked consumers to safe, affordable bank accounts. Following the public meeting, MDI Subcommittee members will provide feedback on the FDIC’s strategies to preserve and promote MDIs, including a dialogue with the FDIC’s Chief Innovation Officer; an update on the Mission-Driven Bank Fund; and an update on other MDI program initiatives.
FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams established the MDI Subcommittee to provide a platform for minority banks to build partnerships, to share best practices, and to highlight the work of MDIs in their communities. Read more about the FDIC’s efforts to preserve and promote MDIs.
MDI Subcommittee members are:
- Deron Burr, President and CEO, People’s Bank of Seneca, Seneca, Missouri
- Kyle Chavis, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Credit Officer, Lumbee Guaranty Bank, Pembroke, North Carolina
- Warren Huang, General Counsel, Amerasia Bank, Flushing, New York
- Jesse Kung, President and CEO, Evertrust Bank, Pasadena, California
- Benjamin J.B. Lin, President and CEO, Pacific Alliance Bank, Rosemead, California
- Gilbert Narvaez, Jr., President and CEO, Falcon International Bank, Laredo, Texas
- Alden J. McDonald, Jr., President and CEO, Liberty Bank and Trust, Co., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Angel Reyes, President, Centinel Bank of Taos, Taos, New Mexico
- James H. Sills, III, President and CEO, M&F Bank, Durham, North Carolina
The MDI Subcommittee meeting will be Webcast live at 1:00 p.m. EDT via http://fdic.windrosemedia.com. Those who require auxiliary aids (e.g., sign language interpretation) for this meeting should call 703-562-2404 (Voice) or 703-649-4354 (Video Phone).
The open portion of this meeting will available on-demand approximately two weeks after the event. View archived meetings here.