South Carolina families and households in Barnwell and Berkeley counties who suffered damage as a result of the April 13 storms may be eligible for federal disaster assistance.
FEMA help for disaster survivors in Aiken, Colleton, Hampton, Marlboro, Oconee, Orangeburg and Pickens counties was designated May 1.
You can register for assistance in one of three ways:
- Online by logging onto DisasterAssistance.gov
- The FEMA app. Visit: fema.gov/mobile-app or your phone’s app store.
- Call 800-621-3362 or TDD 800-462-7585. Language translators also are available. Toll-free numbers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the primary residence where the damage occurred.
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account. This allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account.
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.