New appointments bring Committee membership to full 12 members authorized by statute.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced on Monday the appointment of four new members to the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee. These new members complement the Committee’s existing eight members, bringing membership back to the full twelve members authorized by statute. These new members represent the mortgage industry, the real estate industry, consumers, and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies.
“We welcome our newest members to the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee and thank all members for their commitment to the nation’s individuals, families, and communities who rely on the nationwide housing counseling program to find and sustain safe and affordable homes,” said HUD Secretary Marcia L. Fudge. “For the first time in recent years, the Committee is at its full twelve members, as allowed under statute. The work of this Committee in advising HUD’s Housing Counseling program is not only critical to the nation’s recovery from the financial effects of COVID-19 but is a vital part of reshaping fairer and more equitable housing opportunities for communities of color.”
The following new Committee members announced today will serve three-year terms:
- Gabe Del Rio, President and Chief Executive Officer, Homeownership Council of America
- Daniel Garcia, Vice President/Senior CRA Lending Officer, First Horizon Bank
- Angie Liou, Executive Director, Asian Community Development Corporation
- Richard Verrillo, Director of Business Development, Navicore Solutions
Additional information about each of the new members can be found here. These individuals will join the following Committee members who were appointed or re-appointed in September 2021:
- Ibijoke Akinbowale, Director, National Community Reinvestment Coalition Housing Counseling Network
- Patricia Arvielo, President and Co-Founder, New American Funding
- Lawrence Batiste, President, Batiste Premier Realty
- Carol Ann Dujanovich, Vice President and Director of Operations, 1st Nations Reverse Mortgage
- Marcia Lewis, Deputy Executive Director – Change Management, Indianapolis Housing Authority
- Bill Sevilla, Director, Community Development and Asset Building, Centro Campesino
- Tony Walters, Executive Director, National American Indian Housing Council
- Paul Yorkis, President, Patriot Real Estate.
About HUD’s Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee
HUD established the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee in April 2015 to advise HUD’s Office of Housing Counseling on how to carry out its functions. The Committee provides a forum for those involved in housing counseling to offer advice directly to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Housing Counseling David Berenbaum on ways to accomplish the objectives of HUD’s Office of Housing Counseling. All Committee meetings are open to the public. Additional information about the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee can be found on HUD Exchange.