The American Bankers Association’s Nominating Committee has finalized the official slate of candidates to be presented for election at the association’s annual meeting scheduled for October 8-10 in Nashville, Tenn.
The committee, chaired by A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City, nominated these candidates for ABA officer positions:
- CHAIR: Julieann M. Thurlow, president and CEO, Reading Cooperative Bank, Reading, Mass.;
- CHAIR-ELECT: John C. Asbury, chief executive officer, Atlantic Union Bancshares Corp., Richmond, Va.;
- VICE CHAIR: Kenneth Kelly, chairman and CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit; and
- TREASURER: Carissa Rodeheaver, chairman, president and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.
The committee also nominated the following candidates for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual meeting:
- John F. Hall, president and CEO, American Pride Bank, Macon, GA.;
- Christie Huber Obenauer, president and CEO, Union State Bank of Hazen, Hazen, N.D.;
- Saleem Iqbal, president and CEO, Habib American Bank, New York;
- Tim Marshall, president and CEO, Bank of Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Mich.; and
- Jim Ryan, chief executive officer, Old National Bancorp, Evansville, Ind.
The above nominees will join ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols, who also serves as an officer, and these current or appointed directors on ABA’s board:
- Brent Beardall, president and CEO, WaFd Bank, Seattle;
- Cheryl Bowers, president and CEO, Rondout Savings Bank, Kingston, N.Y.;
- Bryan D. Bruns, president and CEO, Lake Central Bank, Annandale, Minn.;
- John Ciulla, president and CEO, Webster Financial Corporation, Stamford, Conn.;
- Simon Cruz, director, president and CEO, Intercredit Bank, Coral Gables, Fla.;
- James J. McQuade, president and CEO, Dollar Bank, Pittsburgh;
- Larry Myers, president and CEO, First Savings Bank, Jeffersonville, Ind.;
- Dave D. Nelson, president and CEO, West Bancorporation, Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa;
- Jennifer Piepszak, Co-CEO, Consumer & Community Banking, JPMorgan Chase, New York;
- K. Wayne Wicker, chairman and CEO, South Atlantic Bank, Myrtle Beach, S.C.;
- Daniel D. Robb, president and CEO, Jonesburg State Bank, Jonesburg, Mo., and chair of the ABA Nominating Committee;
- Gary R. Shook, president and CEO, Community Bankers Bank, Midlothian, Va., and chair of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- Sarah A. Long, president, CEO and treasurer, Delaware Bankers Association, Dover, Del., and chair of the ABA/State Association Alliance; and
- Rick Clayburgh, president and CEO, North Dakota Bankers Association, Bismarck, ND.; and vice chair of the ABA/State Association Alliance.
“We’re grateful for this tremendous slate of board candidates put forward by ABA’s Nominating Committee at such a key moment for the banking sector,” said Rob Nichols, ABA president and CEO. “We value the diverse experiences, perspectives and energy these industry leaders bring to the table, and look forward to getting to work with them on the many important issues facing America’s banks and the customers and communities they serve in the year ahead.”