The American Bankers Association today announced the 2023 recipients of its annual ABA Emerging Leader Awards. These awards recognize the next generation of bank leaders who are committed to the highest standards of achievement and service to both their industry and their local communities.
“The 2023 ABA Emerging Leader Award recipients are a talented and diverse group of bankers, and we congratulate them on this well-earned distinction,” said Rob Nichols, ABA president and CEO. “Our industry is in good hands for years to come as this next generation of bank leaders continue to demonstrate their creativity, commitment and integrity in serving the needs of their customers and communities.”
The winners were selected by a diverse steering committee of industry professionals after a review of nominations from banks across the country. The qualities and characteristics the committee evaluated as judging criteria included dedication to the profession, inventiveness, leadership skills, mentoring ability, personal integrity, tenure at the bank and broader commitment to a career in banking, sustained career progress, and academic training including advanced degrees and certificates/certifications.
- Natalie W. Bartholomew, community president, First Community Bank, Rogers, Ark.;
- Jennifer Bonds-Huffman, vice president, workplace solutions relationship manager, Atlantic Union Bank, Forest, Va.;
- Lindsey Brown-Acquaye, senior vice president of compliance, Valor Bank, Edmond, Okla.;
- Casey N. Brouthers, Esq., vice president/associate general counsel, BayCoast Bank, Swansea, Mass;
- Rebecca S. Buhr, executive vice president of retail banking, Bank of Franklin County, Washington, Mo.;
- Jim Carrigan, regional vice president, Meredith Village Savings Bank, Portsmouth, N.H.;
- Justin Nipper, EVP/chief administrative officer, The Farmers Bank, Portland, Tenn;
- Alise Phillips, J.D., CRCM, first vice president & senior compliance manager, First Merchants Bank, Muncie, Ind.;
- Juan Santiago, vice president, CRA engagement leader, Farmers National Bank of Canfield, Canfield, Ohio;
- Angela Scott, vice president, client engagement – global payments & deposits, Umpqua Bank, Portland, Ore.;
- Meredith Strieff, VP, retail sales manager, Horicon Bank, Horicon, Wis.; and
- Amanda L. West, SVP/deputy chief audit executive, First Horizon Corporation, Memphis, Tenn.