The American Bankers Association’s Nominating Committee has selected the official slate of candidates for election at the association’s annual convention to be held in Seattle, Oct. 27–29.
The committee, chaired by Kenneth L. Burgess, Jr., chairman, FirstCapital Bank of Texas, Midland, Texas, nominated the following candidates for ABA officer positions:
- CHAIR: Laura Lee (Laurie) Stewart, president and CEO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle, WA;
- CHAIRMAN-ELECT: James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Griffin, GA
- VICE CHAIRMAN: A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City, UT; and
- TREASURER: Luther Deaton, Jr., chairman, president and CEO, Central Bank and Trust CO., Lexington, KY.
The committee also nominated the following candidates for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual convention in Seattle:
- Shan L. Hanes, president and CEO, Heartland Tri-State Bank, Elkhart, KS;
- Howard A. Jaffe, president and COO, Inland Bancorp, Inc., Oak Brook, IL;
- Carissa Rodeheaver, chairman, president and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, MD;
- James A. Reuter, CEO, FirstBank Holding Company, Denver, CO;
- Michael L. Scudder, chairman and CEO, First Midwest Bancorp, Inc., Chicago, IL; and
- Daniel C. Yates, president and CEO, Brattleboro Savings & Loan, Brattleboro, VT.
The above nominees will join ABA President and CEO, Rob Nichols, who also serves as an officer, and these current directors on ABA’s board:
- Richard M. Adams, Jr., president, United Bankshares, Inc. (USBI), Parkersburg, WV;
- Stacey J. Bentley, president and CEO, Community Bank and Trust Company, Waterloo, IA;
- Greg D. Carmichael, chairman, president and CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp, Cincinnati, OH;
- Jill Castilla, presidente and CEO, Citizens Bank of Edmond, Edmond, OK;
- Luanne Cundiff, president and CEO, First State Bank of St. Charles, St. Charles, MO;
- Kristie Holoch, president and CEO, Cornerstone Bank, York, NE;
- W. Wesley Hoskins, president and CEO, First Community Bank, Corpus Christi, TX;
- D. Bryan Jordan, chairman, president and CEO, First Horizon National Corporation, Memphis, TN;
- Bryan Luke, president and CEO, Hawaii National Bank, Honolulu, HI;
- Matt C. Packard, chairman of the board and CEO, Central Bank, Springville, UT;
- Bradford C. Paige, president and CEO, Kennebunk Savings Bank, Kennebunk, ME;
- Douglas B. Petno, CEO Commercial Banking, JPMorgan Chase & Co; New York; NY;
- Louise Walker, president and CEO, First Northern Community Bancorp; Dixon, CA;
- Patricia W. Weigel, president and CEO, Norway Savings Bank, Norway, ME;
- Jeffrey M. Szyperski, chairman, president and CEO, Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, VA and chairman of the ABA Nominating Committee;
- Daniel D. Robb, president and CEO, Jonesburg State Bank, Jonesburg, MO and chairman of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- James H. Rieniets, Jr., president and CEO, InsBank, Nashville, TN and vice-chairman of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- Howard M. Headlee, president and CEO, Utah Bankers Association, Salt Lake City, UT and the ABA State Bank Association Alliance chairman; and
- Peter Gwaltney, president and CEO, North Carolina Bankers Association, Raleigh, NC and the ABA State Banker Association Alliance vice chairman.