The American Bankers Association’s Nominating Committee has selected the official slate of candidates for election at the association’s virtual annual meeting to be held October 20, 2020.
The committee, chaired by Jeffrey M. Szyperski, chair, president and CEO, Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, Va., nominated these candidates for ABA officer positions:
- CHAIRMAN: James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Griffin, Ga.;
- CHAIRMAN-ELECT: A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City;
- VICE CHAIRMAN: Daniel D. Robb, president and CEO, Jonesburg State Bank, Jonesburg, Mo.; and
- TREASURER: Louise A. Walker, president and CEO, First Northern Community Bancorp., Dixon, Calif.
The committee also nominated the following candidates for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual meeting:
- Andrew Anderson, president, CEO and CFO, Bank of Anguilla, Anguilla, Miss.;
- James S. (Chip) Mahan III, chairman and CEO, Live Oak Bancshares, Wilmington, N.C.;
- Cathy Owen, chairman, Eagle Bank, Little Rock, Ark.;
- B. Michael Rauh, Jr., president and CEO, Chelsea Groton Bank, Groton, Conn.;
- Ira Robbins, president and CEO, Valley National Bank, Wayne, N.J.; and
- Kevin Sabin, president and CEO, Arvest Bank, Fayetteville, Ark.
The above nominees will join ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols, who also serves as an officer, and these current or appointed directors on ABA’s board:
- Richard M. Adams, Jr., president, United Bankshares, Inc. (USBI), Washington, D.C.;
- Greg D. Carmichael, chairman, president and CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp, Cincinnati;
- Luanne Cundiff, president and CEO, First State Bank of St. Charles, St. Charles, Mo.;
- Shan L. Hanes, president and CEO, Heartland Tri-State Bank, Elkhart, Kan.;
- Howard A. Jaffe, president and COO, Inland Bancorp, Inc., Oak Brook, Ill.;
- Kenneth Kelly, chairman and CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit;
- Bryan Luke, president and CEO, Hawaii National Bank, Honolulu;
- Bradford C. Paige, president and CEO, Kennebunk Savings Bank, Kennebunk, Maine;
- James A. Reuter, CEO, FirstBank Holding Company, Denver;
- Carissa Rodeheaver, chairman, president and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.;
- Michael L. Scudder, chairman and CEO, First Midwest Bancorp, Inc., Chicago;
- Patricia W. Weigel, president and CEO, Norway Savings Bank, Norway, Maine;
- Daniel C. Yates, president and CEO, Brattleboro Savings & Loan, Brattleboro, Vt.;
- Laura Lee (Laurie) Stewart, president and CEO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle, and chair of the ABA Nominating Committee;
- James H. Rieniets, Jr., president and CEO, InsBank, Nashville, Tenn., and chair of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- Rita Lowman, president, Pilot Bank, Tampa, Fla., and vice chair of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- Peter K. Gwaltney, president and CEO, North Carolina Bankers Association, Raleigh, N.C., and chairman of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance; and
- J. Duncan Campbell III, president and CEO, Pennsylvania Bankers Association, Harrisburg, Pa., and vice chairman of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance.