The American Bankers Association’s Nominating Committee has selected the official slate of candidates for election at the association’s annual meeting to be held October 2-4 in Austin, Texas.
The committee, chaired by James J. Edwards, Jr., chief executive officer, United Bank, Griffin, GA, nominated these candidates for ABA officer positions:
- CHAIR: Daniel D. Robb, president and CEO, Jonesburg State Bank, Jonesburg, Mo.;
- CHAIR-ELECT: Julieann M. Thurlow, president and CEO, Reading Cooperative Bank, Reading, Mass.;
- VICE CHAIR: John C. Asbury, chief executive officer, Atlantic Union Bancshares Corp., Richmond, Va.; and
- TREASURER: Carissa Rodeheaver, chairman, president and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.
The committee also nominated the following candidates for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual meeting:
- Brent Beardall, president and CEO, WaFd Bank, Seattle;
- Cheryl Bowers, president and CEO, Rondout Savings Bank, Kingston, N.Y.;
- John Ciulla, president and CEO, Webster Financial Corporation, Stamford, Conn.;
- Simon Cruz, director, president and CEO, Intercredit Bank, Coral Gables, Fla.;
- Larry Myers, president and CEO, First Savings Bank, Jeffersonville, Ind.; and
- K. Wayne Wicker, chairman and CEO, South Atlantic Bank, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The above nominees will join ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols, who also serves as an officer, and these current or appointed directors on ABA’s board:
- Andrew Anderson, president, CEO and CFO, Bank of Anguilla, Anguilla, Miss.;
- Bryan D. Bruns, president and CEO, Lake Central Bank, Annandale, Minn.;
- Kenneth Kelly, chairman and CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.;
- James S. (Chip) Mahan III, chairman and CEO, Live Oak Bancshares, Wilmington, N.C.;
- James J. McQuade, president and CEO, Dollar Bank, Pittsburgh;
- Dave D. Nelson, president and CEO, West Bancorporation, Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa;
- Catherine Owen, chairman and CEO, State Holding Company, Little Rock, Ark., and chair of the ABA Government Relations Council;
- Jennifer Piepszak, Co-CEO, Consumer & Community Banking, JPMorgan Chase, New York;
- B. Michael Rauh, Jr., president and CEO, Chelsea Groton Bank, Groton, Conn.;
- Ira Robbins, chairman and CEO, Valley National Bancorp, Wayne, N.J.;
- Kevin Sabin, president and CEO, Arvest Bank, Fayetteville, Ark.;
- A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City, and chair of the ABA Nominating Committee;
- Fred L. Green III, president and CEO, South Carolina Bankers Association, Columbia, S.C., and chair of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance; and
- Sarah A. Long, president, CEO and treasurer, Delaware Bankers Association, Dover, Del.; and vice chair of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance.
“We’re grateful to ABA’s Nominating Committee for putting forth such a strong slate of officers and board members at this critically important time,” said Rob Nichols, ABA president and CEO. “These industry leaders bring a tremendous wealth of knowledge and experience that will allow them to represent our diverse industry and the communities banks serve. I look forward to working with our new officers and board members in the year ahead.”