The fiscal year (FY) 2019 application round for the Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI Program) and Native American CDFI Assistance Program (NACA Program) closed on June 6, 2019. The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) received 546 applications from organizations across the country, requesting a total of $579.54 million.
- 412 organizations requested $363.49 million in CDFI Program Base-Financial Assistance (Base-FA) awards.
- 81 organizations requested $9.79 million in CDFI Program Technical Assistance (TA) awards.
- 32 organizations requested $25.93 million in NACA Program Base-FA awards.
- 21 organizations requested $3.11 million in NACA Program TA awards.
- 184 organizations requested $53.57 million in Persistent Poverty County-Financial Assistance (PPC-FA) awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- 35 organizations requested $114.1 million in Healthy Food Financing Initiative- Financial Assistance (HFFI-FA) awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- 24 organizations requested $10.05 million in Disability Funds-Financial Assistance (DF-FA) awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
Pursuant to the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (PL 116-6), Congress appropriated $199.5 million for the CDFI Fund to support the following programs:
- $140.9 million in CDFI Program Base-FA and TA awards.
- $13.95 million in NACA Program Base-FA and TA awards.
- $19.7 million in PPC-FA awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- $22 million for HFFI-FA awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- $3 million for DF-FA awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
Nationwide, the FY 2019 CDFI Program and NACA Program applicants are headquartered in 49 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, the CDFI Program received 25 applications from organizations headquartered in the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico.
The CDFI Fund anticipates announcing the FY 2019 awards before December 31, 2019. At this time, it is expected that the TA awards and FA awards will be announced separately. For more information about these programs, please visit the CDFI Fund’s website at www.cdfifund.gov/cdfi or www.cdfifund.gov/native.