The U.S. Census Bureau today announced a series of webinars to share updates and lay the groundwork for key components of preparations for the 2030 Census.
The upcoming webinars will provide important details about the Census Bureau’s 2030 Census research, plans for testing, the 2030 Census timeline and the findings of the public comments submitted in response to a Federal Register Notice. Attempting to count every person living in the United States is an incredibly complex undertaking that the Census Bureau takes seriously and uses research, input and expertise to inform decisions. The Census Bureau will continue to engage stakeholders and provide updates throughout the process.
2030 Census Webinar Schedule
- Research, Testing and Timeline (Scheduled for July 27)
- This webinar will give an overview of dozens of research projects already underway that can be classified in five focus areas that the Census Bureau terms “Enhancement Areas.”
- The Census Bureau will share its 2030 Census testing strategy.
- The Census Bureau will also provide a more detailed timeline for 2030 Census planning, operational design, and development.
- Federal Register Notice (FRN) Findings (Tentatively scheduled for October)
- The Census Bureau received over 8,000 comments in response to the 2030 Census Federal Register Notice which was posted last year. This webinar will share the findings of those comments and how the Census Bureau is incorporating feedback into the 2030 Census research agenda.
Census Bureau officials will present information during the virtual events. A question-and-answer session will immediately follow each presentation.
July Webinar Details
2030 Census Research, Testing and Timeline Webinar
Thursday, July 27 at 4 p.m. EDT
- Robert L. Santos, director, U.S. Census Bureau
- Deborah Stempowski, associate director, Decennial Census Programs, U.S. Census Bureau
- Daniel Doyle, deputy chief, Decennial Census Management Division, U.S. Census Bureau
- Michael C. Cook, Sr., senior advisor for strategic communications, Office of the Director, U.S. Census Bureau, moderator
The virtual event will consist of a simultaneous audio conference and online presentation:
- Webinar password (if requested): Census#1
- Webinar number (if requested): 2763 795 1508
Audio: For telephone audio option (or to ask a question), please call by telephone to 1-888-469-0850
- Passcode: 9659654
You can also watch this event on YouTube via the Census Live page. (Live captioning available)
October Webinar Details
To be announced.