The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) today announced the selection of four new members to its Advisory Committee on Community Banking, which has been providing advice and recommendations to the FDIC on a broad range of community bank policy and regulatory matters since it was established in 2009. The Advisory Committee members represent a cross-section of community bankers from around the country.
“The members of the Advisory Committee serve as the voice of community bankers nationwide,” said FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams. “We are fortunate to have such talented and highly respected professionals as a resource to provide key information and input to the FDIC on issues facing community banks. I look forward to working with the Advisory Committee members.”
The Advisory Committee on Community Banking discusses and provides input to the FDIC on a wide variety of topics, including current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage and regulatory compliance.
The new members of the Advisory Committee are:
- Shaza Andersen, CEO, Trustar Bank, Great Falls, Virginia
- Sarah Getzlaff, CEO, Security First Bank of North Dakota, New Salem, North Dakota
- Gilbert Narvaez, Jr., President & CEO, Falcon International Bank, Laredo, Texas
- Mark Pitkin, President & CEO, Sugar River Bank, Newport, New Hampshire
The new members will join the following individuals already serving on the committee:
- Dick Beshear, Chairman, President & CEO, First Security Bank and Trust Company, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Fred DeBiasi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank, Middletown, Ohio
- Christopher Donnelly, President & CEO, Bank of the Prairie, Olathe, Kansas
- James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Zebulon, Georgia
- Keith Epstein, EVP & CEO, Roxboro Savings Bank, Roxboro, North Carolina
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Michigan
- Bruce Kimbell, President & CEO, First Community Bank of the Heartland, Clinton, Kentucky
- Thomas Leavitt, President & CEO, Northfield Savings Bank, Northfield, Vermont
- Lori Maley, President & CEO, Bank of Bird-in-Hand, Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania
- Alan Shettlesworth, President & COO, Main Bank, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Cathy Stuchlik, Chairwoman & President, Clackamas County Bank, Sandy, Oregon
- Louise Walker, President & CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, California
- Len E. Williams, President & CEO, People’s Utah Bancorp & CEO, People’s Intermountain Bank, American Fork, Utah
For more information, please visit the Advisory Committee on Community Banking webpage at http://www.fdic.gov/communitybanking/.