The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is announcing the issuance of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s (FFIEC) revised “A Guide to HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!” (2023 guide). The 2023 guide provides resources to help banks1 comply with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and Regulation C, its implementing regulation (12 CFR 1003).
The 2023 guide reflects a technical amendment to the 2020 HMDA rule to adjust the loan volume thresholds effective January 1, 2023,2 for reporting HMDA data on closed-end mortgage loans.
This bulletin rescinds OCC Bulletin 2022-10, “Home Mortgage Disclosure Act: FFIEC’s 2022 ‘A Guide to HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!'”
Note for Community Banks
The 2023 guide applies to community banks that are subject to HMDA data collection and reporting requirements.
The 2023 guide discusses
- institutions covered by Regulation C.
- transactions covered by Regulation C.
- information that covered institutions are required to collect, record, and report.
- requirements for reporting and disclosing data.
- FFIEC’s 2023 “A Guide to HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!”
Leave A Comment?
You must be logged in to post a comment.